Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Je t'aime, my friend~ Encouragement with a French Twist!

"Paris is always a good idea"~ the movie "Sabrina"


I am currently obsessed with everything French.  
Intrenched in planning a summer trip to Paris with some of my best friends from college, 
everything I see or hear with a french influence delights me and makes me smile.  
The other day, I was at Main Street Bakery in Grapevine, Texas when the owner greeted me with the most beautiful french accent~ his voice was like a romantic melody and I found myself giggling and blushing as I ordered my french pastries! 

Then, I discovered Lorina's {French} Pink Lemonade
{You MUST follow the link to their website and watch the video that pops up~  
french accents, french music, french history, french people~ pure happiness!}  

I have a friend who has been going through a difficult time. You know, one of those times in life where you can't seem to get a break, where bad news follows bad news, and you become overwhelmed with life?  I thought that Lorina's would be the perfect "pick me up" for my friend, so today I'm sharing with you just how I packaged it for her.

Buy Lorina's at Market Street Grocery {find it in the deli section} or other specialty markets.
You simply need: ribbon, a shipping tag, a pen and a corner rounder.
Round the corners of the card.
This isn't necessary, but makes the card a bit softer and more "finished."
Add a sentiment.  I put a spiritual twist on the "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade" saying.  But Lorina's is perfect for "Congratulations!" or "It's a girl!" or "Celebrating your breast cancer milestone!" or "Tea time with little girls!" or "You're engaged!"
Don't miss the fact that the bottle is a gift in and of itself~ a real treasure!  After drinking the lemonade, soak off the label and use it as display, or as a water decanter at a picnic or dinner party.  You could buy a bottle candle holder at Wisteria or check out this beautiful bottle center piece at This is Glamorous.
There you have it~  a pretty pink "pick-me-up" with a French Flare~
As they say in France, "Allez maintenant bénir votre voisin!"
{Now, go and bless your neighbor!}

2 comments:

  1. I always have a bottle of this lemonade around! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Lorina's! Such a sweet little treat you put together! Can't wait to drink lemonade, wine and champagne in Paris with you this summer!!

    ReplyDelete