There are times when I'm not very lovable,
but there are people in my life who keep loving me anyway.
God's grace is like that~ undeserved and still given freely.
That's the way it is with a "Just Because" gift. My friend, Pam, told me that she would occasionally buy her kids sweet little gifts, that weren't based on their performance, or because it was their birthday, but simply "just because she loved them."
As I adopted this gift-giving practice, our family began to affectionately call the gifts "JB's." Blake, Emily and Austin have been recieving "JB's" for years~ little undeserved gifts that help them understand, in a very simple way what God's grace is like; a love that keeps raining down on them... even though they do nothing to deserve it. Why don't you start the "JB" tradition with the ones you love?
|A "JB" is a gift of unconditional love.|
- A fashion magazine that your daughter would love catches your eye at the news stand
- While ordering your latte' at Starbucks, you decide to pick up a gift card for your college-aged son
- Select a new Matchbox car to add to your little boys race track
- Pick up new hair bows from the drug store for your grand-daughter
- Grab your candy lovers favorite treat from the check-out line at the grocery.
When you give a "JB," add a little index card or shipping label note that affirms your love for them. When your loved one asks "why the gift?" simply remind them that a "JB" is just like God's grace, an undeserved gift "just because!"