Thursday, September 29, 2011

Live Forever: Drew and Ellie Holcomb

Take Courage.

It will give you goosebumps. 
And make you love your own family more...

When the Drew and Ellie Holcomb perform, they hang out with you 
and become you're friends.  
Emily and her friends with Drew and Ellie at Oklahoma State.

A little about the song from Drew...
Live Forever is my favorite song I have ever written. Its a song of joy, a song of sorrow, a song of longing, a song of journeying. I wrote it as a letter to my neices and nephew, who stole my heart a long time ago. I wrote it from the purest part of my soul, without a single thought to its commercial viability or whether or not my fans would like it. I wrote it for them, and for me. I wrote it at a time over 2 years ago when I thought my career as a touring musician was coming to a close, which I was obviously dead wrong about. It's ironic to me how this song, written from that place in my heart, has become the most downloaded, most requested, most used on TV shows, and our most popular song on tour. I have been honored by many people's stories of how this song has touched their lives. A mother who heard it on Parenthood and wrote me how she made it her anthem for her newborn son. Numerous friends and emails and letters of the song bringing comfort in a time of loss. We hear weekly and sometimes daily of the way this song has reached into some part of people's stories. This is the height of success for me as a songwriter.
I could not be more honored.
I have always wanted to make a music video for this song, but found it difficult to put on film the emotion the song has for me. I finally decided that the only way to do it was to incorporate my family, the very ones I wrote the song for. We gathered in Memphis, my hometown, to film us doing what we love; laughing, eating, and enjoying each other's company in places where we have a deep history. The Hi Tone Cafe. Central BBQ. My Uncle's Farm, and my Great Grandfathers 1942 Jeep, still in my father's possession. My neices and nephew steal the showwith their innocence, their joy, and their courage.
Thank you for watching.
-Drew

These sweet folks are the real deal...explore their songs on ITunes,
it will bless your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment