Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year Thank-A-Thon: Free Printables

With so much giving and receiving during the holidays, it is always necessary to follow them with writing thank you notes.  A few years ago, our family began holding a "Thank-A-Thon" in early January as a way to tackle the job together, and challenge each other to think beyond the holidays.  Not only do we write notes for gifts we received, but we reflect on the people who have given us their time, encouragement and friendship throughout the year and write them, as well.
This year, I made little note cards using a Mac Pages template, 
and printed them on card stock.  
We addressed the cards and passed them around the table so every 
family member could write a little something.  
The value of showing gratitude to the people around you is one that I hope to model, even as my children are young adults.  Today, I realized that I could model that best, by writing each of my children and thanking them for spending time with us during the holidays.  As adults, they have choices, and I never want to take that for granted.  Oh, how grateful I was they chose to spend the holidays with us!   I used this precious printable from Jones Design Company, you can find it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment